Have you thought about your Christmas decorations yet? We've teamed up with our favourite designers for the festive period 'The Christmas Decorators' to reveal their top tips for decorating your home this season.
- Try to pick a theme or colour-scheme and stick to this throughout. When it comes to your Christmas tree, there are no right or wrong ways to decorate, it should reflect you, your home and your overall style or theme. Choose a couple of main colours and use grades of these in your decorations. Try different textures such as adding ribbon or faux florals.
- Use wire to hang tree decorations instead of ribbon - this allows you to control the length of the hanging decoration and stops the tree looking ‘busy’ with ribbon/ties.
- For a traditional look, use natural products to complement your tree and dress your room and table - pine cones, berries, dried fruit and leaves can look very effective in large glass jars, scattered on fireplaces or around the bottom of your tree.
- Decorate banisters with garlands and lights and get a wreath for your front door to give you that festive cheer from the moment you return home and step inside.
- Test your lights before you install these on your home or tree. If you are installing your own exterior lighting at your home, ensure you have assistance, the right equipment and a good grasp of working at height safety regulations.
- Make an impression! If you are a business owner, hotel, bar or restaurant, you are competing with all other similar businesses on the high street at Christmas. Go bold with your decorations, create a talking point, make your business stand out and be THE place to go to over the festive period.
- Think about adding branding and using your business logo in your decorations for even greater brand recognition and that personal touch.
- Save time and stress by calling in the experts! The Christmas Decorators will help you to design, source and install your perfect Christmas decor. And best of all, we will take it all down for you and store it safely until the next year!
Popular this season:
- Rainbow trees - residential
- Pink, silver and grey colourings
- Faux florals
Broadway Luxury recommends..The Christmas Decorators
The Christmas Decorators offer exterior and interior lights and decorations to all types of businesses and homes in the Midlands.
- CGI designs if required
- Bespoke decorations incorporating brand colours and logo
- Full installation
- Storage of decorations
Types of projects:
- Residential properties
- Street decorations
- Large scale trees
- Hotels, bars, restaurants
*With thanks to Birmingham Airport (main image) and The Edgebaston Hotel for providing photos. All other photos and wording kindly provided by The Christmas Decorator